Saturday, December 2, 2017

Photo from Patrick and Lucia(Fichera) van der Hoeven from Australia

 
Salvatore Cafarella, Son of Domenico Cafarella
 
 I finally found the photo of Lucy's grandfather.
 I believe it was taken about 1963
 before he and his wife left Sicily forever
 to join the largest part of the family
 here in Melbourne.  I think that it is a
powerful photo of the old fisherman
who had been through the wars, lived as
well as possible in real poverty
and whose future is now with his
descendants in Sicily, Australia, and Argentina.
 
Patrick van der Hoeven
 
Well, for me, this is one of the most powerful photographs
of family that I have ever posted.
 I have a beauty from my Mitchell side and
so many nice family pictures,
 but this one is art, pure and simple.
 Even if you do not know who this is,
you can feel it inside.
Bill